CHELSA is a high resolution (30 arc sec) climate data set for the earth land surface areas currently hosted by the Swiss Federal Institute for Forest, Snow and Landscape Research WSL (Dr. Dirk N. Karger, Prof. Dr. Niklaus Zimmermann), and has been developed in coorporation with the Department of Geography of the University of Hamburg (Prof. Dr. Jürgen Böhner, Dr. Olaf Conrad, Tobias Kawohl), the University of Zurich (Dr. Michael Kessler), and the University of Göttingen (Prof. Dr. Holger Kreft).
- High resolution (30 arcsec, ~1 km)
- Precipitation & Temperature
- Incorporation of topoclimate (e.g. orographic rainfall & wind fields)
- Downscaled ERA-interim model
- Allows calculation of derived parameters based on monthly values such as length of dry periods etc.
Version 1.2 online